HOW TO GET THE LOOK
- Apply foundation and concealer, blending the lines well. This will create a blank canvas for the rest of the look. For a matte skin finish, apply a pressed powder to minimize shine.Comb your eyebrows and define them with a eyebrow pencil that is a little bit darker than your natural shade. Make sure to fill in the lines and define the arches in your brows.
- Sweep a rosy blush up and outwards starting at the apples of your cheeks.
- Use a lip liner to create an outline for your lipstick, defining the arch in the upper lip. Apply a matching lipstick (preferably in a matte red, coral, or pinkish-red) to top off the look.
- After sweeping a light, shimmery shadow across your eyelids, take a black liquid eyeliner and carefully line your top lashes. Eve's eyeliner is incredibly subtle but for a more glamorous night time look make the line dark and solid, starting from about the middle of your eye. Make sure the lines sweep outward and upward to “extend” the look of your lashes.
- Curl your eyelashes and apply a thick (but not clumpy!) coat of black mascara to your top lashes and a very light coat to your bottom lashes (this creates a subtle, doe-eyed look).
Celebrities have embraced 1950s makeup in recent years, while still making it look modern by switching up the color of the lipstick. Instead of using a red or pinkish-red lipstick, trying a deep nude or even a bright fuchsia. Try it yourself, just keep your lips precisely lined to keep with the ’50s vibe and, ideally, go for a matte or satin-finish lipstick for the most retro-fabulous look.